The inscription on this building on McKinley Square, where 169th Street crosses Boston Road, the Bronx, has seen better days. The square was named for the assassinated president, William Mckinley, and the McKinley Building on the north side of the square seems to have been built ca. 1904. New York city directories listed "McKinley Bldg (offices)" at either 1303, 1299-1303, or 1301 Boston Road, from 1906 to 1920.
This ad for the James Butler Grocery Stores from 1904 gives its location as 2 McKinley Building, Cor. 169th Street and Boston Road.
Copyright © 2015 Walter Grutchfield